- Approximately 100 million Americans live with persistent pain – more than those affected by diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined
- Acetaminophen is used by over 50 million Americans each week
- More than 25 billion doses of acetaminophen are sold in the U.S. each year
- Acetaminophen is found in more than 500 different prescription and OTC medicines
- 120 million adults in the US have health condition for which acetaminophen may be the most appropriate pain reliever
- For example, Over 20 million Americans have kidney disease, 600,000+ have kidney failure and 185,000+ live with a kidney transplants (1)
- For kidney patients, acetaminophen is the preferred choice over non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) due to concerns about potential reduction in kidney function. (2)
- Pain is a significant public health problem that costs US society at least $560-$635 billion annually (equal to about $2,000.00 per person) (3)
- Comprehensive training in the development and execution of pain management plans for patients is frequently left out of graduate medical education curricula and current practice. (4)
- The number of cases of acetaminophen overdose has dropped over 20% since 2008 (5)
- Over 80% of 18-50 year-olds and 70% of 60+ year-olds use OTC pain relievers most often (6)
- In addition to evidence-based non-pharmacologic pain relief options (7), non-opioid analgesics, including over-the-counter analgesics, have been shown to be used successfully as part of multi-modal pain management. (8)
- 92% of older adults have chronic conditions and 41% have three or more chronic conditions
- The age 65+ population is projected to more than double from 40.3 million in 2010 to 83.7 million in 2050 (US Census Bureau, 2008).
1 Kidney Disease: A to Z Health Guide – National Kidney Foundation https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/painMeds_Analgesics
2 Kidney Disease By The Numbers – American Society of Nephrology, March 2015
3 Source: Relieving Pain in America: A Blueprint for Transforming Prevention, Care, Education, and Research – Institute of Medicine Report
4 Mezei L and BB Murinson. Pain education in North American medical schools. J Pain. December 2011. 12(12):1199-1208.
5 National Poison Data System. Feb 27, 2015 – Richard C. Dart, MD, PhD
6 Acetaminophen/OTC Pain Survey Outreach Report April 8, 2015 – Alliance for Aging Research
7 Tick H et al. Evidence-based nonpharmacologic strategies for comprehensive pain care the consortium pain task force white paper. March 2018. Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing.
8 Enthoven WT et al. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for chronic low back pain. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. February 2016. 10(2): CD012087.
There are variant cases such as bipolar frustration which have no cure. Naturally, about 35% of Americans order medications online. For example you can purchase penicillin antibiotics that fights bacteria. This type of medications will not treat several infection such as the common cold. Do you know what Levitra is? Levitra is a remedy used to treat a lot of diseases. What do you already know about buy cheap levitra? Probably every adult has heard about generic levitra online. Variant companies describe it as online levitra. Albeit erectile disfunction is more common in men over sixty, men of any age can unable to have an erection. Low interest in sex isn’t the same as impotence, but numerous the same aspects that stifle an erection can also dampen your libido. Prescription medicaments can save lives, but they can also come with dangerous side effects. It’s vital to keep in mind that not all drugs are good for your. Along with their helpful effects, most medicines, however, have unwanted aftereffects although ordinarily not everyone experiences them. Store the medicaments away from excess heat. For example the liquid medications usually have to be kept in the refrigerator, but other may be stored at room temperature.